At FiCare Federal Credit Union, you are not just a member, but also an owner. That means you have a say in how your credit union runs. Experience the tremendous satisfaction that comes from helping people by volunteering to serve onÂ FiCare's Board of Directors or Supervisory Committee.
What We Are Looking For
FiCareâ€™s mission is to help healthcare professionals and their families achieve their life needs, desires, and dreams by providing financial expertise, education, quality products, exceptional service, and personal care that goes beyond the expected, every day.
We need active and enthusiastic volunteers who will gladly lend their skills and experience to this cause. Being a credit union volunteer requires integrity, a commitment of time, a willingness to learn, and a desire to serve.
- Be the voice of members like you by attending and participating in meetings
- Have a passion for helping people
- An understanding of and/or willingness to learn about basic business concepts
- Act in the best interest of the members of the credit union at all times
What You Would Do
Serving as a credit union volunteer is a highly responsible, challenging, and extremely rewarding position.
The primary function of the Transition Committee is to guide, along with the Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee, the affairs of the credit union; and ensuring that those policies are properly implemented by following the credit union charter, bylaws, all applicable federal and state laws, sound business practices, and the membership's desires. Serving on the Transition Committee helps prepare you for a future role on the Board of Directors.
Board of Directors
A credit unionâ€™s Board of Directors provides general direction and control. This includes setting policies, approving budgets, and helping direct strategic planning.
The Supervisory Committee ensures membersâ€™ funds and interests are protected by conducting audits and reviewing or investigating member complaints.
Enjoy the Benefits
Volunteers serve without monetary compensation. However, there are many benefits that make thisÂ opportunity soÂ worthwhile.
- Personal satisfaction and fulfillment that comes from compassionately serving your fellow members
- Helping FiCare maintain a competitive edge in the financial marketplace through flexibility, innovation, and expertise
- Contributing to the continued growth and financial stability of a credit union with more than 6,500 members and over $50 million in assets
- Gain new skills through continued education and experience
ÂGo to main navigation